The name Mauá was chosen in honor of a Brazilian entrepreneur, Irineu Evangelista de Souza, known as the Baron of Mauá, who owned 17 companies in 1867 and whose fortune amounted to USD 60 million at that time, number compared only with the USD 100 million left by the 19th century’s richest man Cornelius Vanderbilt.
Mauá in tupi-guarani * (the native language of Brazil) also means “something high”.
- Founded by former partners of Gávea, an independent Brazilian hedge fund, in 2005;
- Strong Brazilian network;
- Solid Reputation;
- In depth knowledge of the market with over 12 years of experience amongst the firm’s partners;
- High quality operation:
- Proven investment and risk management processes;
- Superior trading capabilities;
- Rigorous back office and compliance;
- Fully dedicated resources to product development and sales support.
Mauá Investment Philosophy
- Long term focus on generating double digit returns above Brazilian Fed Funds;
- Multi-strategy in Latin American assets with a bias towards Brazilian;
- Capitalise on market distortions;
- Ability to take long and/or short positions in Brazilian markets;
- Combination of top down fundamental research and bottom up security selection in conjunction with momentum trading;
- Commitment to capital preservation;
- Maintain low correlation with specific asset classes and competitors;
- Strong emphasis on risk management and liquidity.
Mauá Investimentos Offshore Funds List
Invest through investoffshoredirect.com and the initial charge is reduced
Mauá Brazil Fund
Mauá Brazil Plus Fund
Mauá Brazil Equities Fund